About Max Planck vLib
This page is no longer updated and will be removed soon.
To browse electronic resources available, please go to MPG.ReNa
To locate resources still enabled for federated search, please see vLib MetaSearch.
vLib services have been discontinued. The feature documentation of the MPG/SFX server has been moved to: https://devtools.mpdl.mpg.de/projects/vlib/wiki/SFXStart.
vLib Help and Material
Help files, training material and further information will be added continuously:
- vLib Help: Online help file (eng)
- vLib FAQ: Frequently asked questions about the vLib portal (eng)
- vLib blog : News and more from the vLib project team (eng, ger)
- vLib Flyer : Information sheet about the vLib portal (eng)
More material and literature is available on the Max Planck PuRe Server.
vLib Maintenance Hours
The Max Planck vLib and the MPG/SFX link resolver are hosted by the GWDG. Please consider the following scheduled periods of downtime.
- Routine maintenance for both servers is scheduled for Wednesdays between 8 and 9 a.m. Normally, the interruption of services should only be for a few minutes.
- Full backup (including shutdown of services) of the vLib server is scheduled to be run on Monday mornings, at 1 a.m.
Please be aware that scheduled and emergency maintenance affect access to vLib and MPG/SFX services and will close active user sessions in the vLib portal.
To keep track of additional announced system downtimes, please watch our blog.
vLib Project Team and Contact
In order to contact the Project Team, please send a message using our contact form.